Electrostatics 3D is an interactive software program that allows students to study electrostatics in a visually spectacular fashion! Electrostatics 3D utilizes colorful two-dimensional and three-dimensional graphics to display electric potential and electric field lines for various types of charged objects. The stunning imagery brings a deeper understanding to electrostatics that has never before been achieved by other software visualization methods. In addition to displaying charges, electric field lines, and equipotential surfaces in 3D space, three-dimensional topographical mapping is also utilized providing a highly-informative perspective.
All the various types of three-dimensional graphics can be rotated in space about multiple axes for a true 3D perspective. The user is provided with a wide variety of simple to use tools that permit any desired charge configuration to be created on-screen. Simply click the desired object from the toolbar, input the chosen parameters, and position the object on-screen.
- View electric field lines and electric equipotential lines & surfaces (electric potential isolines) in a 2D and 3D environment.
- Choose from a variety of charged objects that may be used in any combination including: point charges, linear charges, plane charges with limited or unlimited length, grounded or isolated conductive spheres, conductive planes and di-electric boundaries.
- View options include: 2D surface, 3D space, 3D topographic mapping, 2D color-coded mapping & linear integral convolution.
- Option to display on-screen electric field vectors indicating individual charge contributions and net electric field for any location.
- Numeric display indicates strength of electric field and electric potential at any location (both 2D and 3D environment).
- Option to display the path of a charged particle as it moves under the influence of the electric field.
- Option to use right-handed or left-handed coordinate system in 3D environment.
- Designed for both high school and college physics courses.
(One-time fee, no expiration)
Single User: $79.00
Lab-10 License: $295.00
Lab-30 License: $459.00
Unlimited Site License: $659.00
10% discount applied to combined price when purchased with Magnetism 3D.
(Place both Electrostatics 3D and Magnetism 3D into your shopping cart and enter the coupon code embundle at checkout.)
- Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
- Software provided via Download
Purchase online using a credit card. Electrostatics 3D is delivered via download. (See our Ordering page for other methods of purchase.)