Amusement Park Physics is a complete stand-alone software program that includes everything needed for complete motion analysis of a wide variety of amusement park rides. The package includes a comprehensive collection of digitally imaged amusement park rides taken from a variety of amusement parks across the United States. Motion analysis is performed using World-in-Motion ver 6.0 software — now included with the package!
With Amusement Park Physics, students can investigate the exciting real world physics of amusement park rides. Having gathered position-time data from a number of frames in the digitized video clip, the motion of the ride can be fully studied: time, displacement, velocity, acceleration, momentum, force, and energy can all be readily measured. Students can discover the magnitude of acceleration, or “g’s”, experienced by riders; a roller coaster’s conversion of gravitational potential energy into kinetic energy; and the role of centripetal forces on the motion of rotating rides.
- Amusement park rides from numerous amusement parks across the country, including Six Flags Magic Mountain in California, Six Flags Great America in Illinois, Valley Fair in Minnesota, and Six Flags over Texas.
- Collect position-time data on screen, then use the software’s powerful analysis features to study velocity, acceleration, force, energy, momentum . . .
- Graphical analysis tools include: best fit curve, slope, and area under graph.
- A reference video window correlates the object’s position to the specific point on the graph.
- Option to export data to a spreadsheet.
- Ideally suited as a preparation or follow-up activity for Amusement Park Physics Day.
- High quality digitized video clips ready for motion analysis.
- Includes teacher guide with student activity sheets.